Prevention of Common Bile Duct Injuries in Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
Citation Information :
Malla S. Prevention of Common Bile Duct Injuries in Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy. World J Lap Surg 2012; 5 (1):27-32.
Copyright © 2012; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
How to cite this article
Malla S. Prevention of Common Bile Duct Injuries in Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy. World J Lap Surg 2012;5(1):27-32.
- Laparoscopic general surgery. N Engl J Med 1994;330:409-19.
- An analysis of the problem of biliary injury during laparoscopic cholecystectomy. J Am Coll Surg 1995;180:101-25.
- Complications of laparoscopic cholecystectomy: A national survey of 4,292 hospitals and an analysis of 77,604 cases. Am J Surg 1993;165:9-14.
- Bile duct injury during laparoscopic cholecystectomy: Results of a national survey. Ann Surg 2001;234:549-59.
- Incidence and nature of bile duct injuries following laparoscopic cholecystectomy: An audit of 5,913 cases. West of Scotland Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Audit Group. Br J Surg 1996;83:1356-60.
- New strategies to prevent laparoscopic bile duct injury—surgeons can learn from pilots. Surgery 2002;132(5):826-35.
- Prevalence and outcome of litigation claims in England after laparoscopic cholecystectomy. International Journal of Clinical Practice 2010;64(13);1832-35.
- Mechanisms of major biliary injury during laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Ann Surg 1992;215:196-202.
- Risk factors for bile duct injury in laparoscopic cholecystectomy: Analysis of 49 cases. Br J Surg 1994;81:1786-88.
- Bile duct injuries 1989-93: A statewide experience. Connecticut Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Registry. Arch Surg 1996;131:382-88.
- Bile duct injuries during laparoscopic cholecystectomy: A collective experience of four teaching hospitals and results of repair. Aust NZJ Surg 1999;69:844-46.
- Biliary complications of laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Am Surg 1993;59:243-47.
- Avoidance of biliary injury during laparoscopic cholecystectomy. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 2002;9:543-47.
- The hidden cystic duct syndrome and the infundibular technique of laparoscopic cholecystectomy—the danger of the false infundibulum. J Am Coll Surg 2000;191:661-67.
- Surgeons’ anonymous response after bile duct injury during cholecystectomy. Am J Surg 2003;185:468-75.
- Avoidance of bile duct injury during laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Am J Surg 1991;162:71-76.
- Disasters of endoscopic surgery and how to avoid them: Error analysis. World J Surg 1999;23:846-55.
- Error traps and vasculobiliary injury in laparoscopic and open cholecystectomy. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 2008;15:284-92.
- Rationale and use of the critical view of safety in laparoscopic cholecystectomy. J Am Coll Surg 2010;211(1):132-38.
- One thousand laparoscopic cholecystectomies in a single surgical unit using the critical view of safety technique. J Gastrointest Surg 2009;13:498-503.
- Operative strategy can reduce the incidence of major bile duct injury in laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Am Surg 2008;74(10):985-87.
- Critical view of safety as an alternative to routine intraoperative cholangiography during laparoscopic cholecystectomy for acute biliary pathology. J Gastrointest Surg 2010;14:1280-84.
- Contribution of intraoperative cholangiography to incidence and outcome of common bile duct injuries during laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Surg Endosc 2002;16:1098-1104.
- Complications of cholecystectomy: Risks of the laparoscopic approach and protective effects of operative cholangiography: A populationbased study. Ann Surg 1999;229:449-57.
- Causes and prevention of laparoscopic bile duct injuries: Analysis of 252 cases from a human factors and cognitive psychology perspective. Ann Surg 2003;237:460-69.
- Fluorescent cholangiography illuminating the biliary tree during laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Br J Surg 2010;97: 1369-77.
- Can bile duct injuries be prevented? A new technique in laparoscopic cholecystectomy. BMC Surgery 2005;5:14.
- Rouvière's sulcus: A useful landmark in laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Br J Surg 1997;84:1253-54.
- Laparoscopic subtotal cholecystectomy for severe cholecystitis. Surg Endosc 2003;17:1437-39.
- Laparoscopic subtotal cholecystectomy as an alternative procedure designed to prevent bile duct injury: Experience of a hospital in Northern China. Surg Today 2009;39:510-13.
- Human error: Models and management. Br Med J 2000;320:768-70.