Review of Various Aspects of Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass to Emphasize its Significance in Bariatric Surgery
Citation Information :
Javed D. Review of Various Aspects of Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass to Emphasize its Significance in Bariatric Surgery. World J Lap Surg 2012; 5 (3):116-120.
Copyright © 2012; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
How to cite this article
Javed D. Review of Various Aspects of Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass to Emphasize its Significance in Bariatric Surgery. World J Lap Surg 2012;5(3): 116-120.
- Increasing prevalence of overweight among US adults. The national health and nutrition examination surveys, 1960 to 1990. JAMA 1994;272:205-11.
- Reduction in incidence of diabetes, hypertension and lipid disturbance after intentional weight loss induced by bariatric surgery: The SOS intervention study. Obes Res 1999;7:477-84.
- Bariatric surgery in some central and East-European (formerly Eastern block) countries— current status and prediction for the next millennium. Obes Surg 2000;10:255-58.
- Obesity in the urban middle class. NFI Bulletin 1998;19:1-4.
- An epidemiological study of obesity in adults in the urban population of Delhi. J Assoc Physicians India 1994;42:212-15.
- J Am Coll Surg 2005; 200:593-604.
- Gastroesophageal reflux in the morbidly obese. Int Surg 1987;72:1-3.
- The role of gastic surgery in the multidisciplinary management of severe obesity. Am J Surg 1995;169:361-67.
- Accelerated growth of bariatric surgery with the introduction of minimally invasive surgery. Arch Surg 2005;140:1198-202.
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass, Roux-en-Y: Preliminary report of five cases. Obes Surg 1994;4:353-57.
- Bariatric surgery: The past, present and future. Obes Surg 2008 Jan;18(1):121-28.
- Weight loss and dietary intake after vertical banded gasytroplasty and Rouxen- Y gastric bypass. Ann Surg 1994;220:782-90.
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass is superior to adjustable gastric band in super morbidly obese patients. A prospective, comparative analysis. Arch Surg 2006;141:683-89.
- Laparoscopic bariatric surgery. Surg Endosc 2006 Apr;(20 Supple)2:545-55.
- Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass is safe and effective in patients with a BMI of 70 or greater. Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass in the Megaobese. Arch Surg 2003;138:707-09.
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass, Roux-en-Y: Technique and results in 75 patients with 3 to 30 months follow-up. Obes Surg 1996;6:500-04.
- Laparoscopic Rouxen- Y gastric bypass for super/super obesity. Obes Surg 1999;9:403-06.
- Laparoscopic Rouxen- Y gastric bypass for morbid obesity. Technique and preliminary results of our first 400 patients. Arch Surg 2000;135:1029-33.
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass as a redo procedure for failed restrictive gastric surgery. Surg Endosc 2008 Apr;22(4):1014-18.
- Plasma ghrelin levels after diet-induced weight loss or gastric by-pass surgery. N Engl J Med 2002;346:1623-30.
- Is Rouxen- Y gastric bypass surgery the most effective treatment for type 2 diabetes mellitus in morbidly obese patients? J Gastrointest Surg 2005;9(8):1112-18.
- Impact of bariatric surgery on type 2 diabetes. Cell Biochem Biophys 2007 Jul;48(2-3);97-102.
- Learning curve for laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass with totally hand-sewn anastomosis: Analysis of first 600 consecutive patients. Surg Endosc 2005 Apr;19(4):519-24.
- Outcome analysis of laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass for morbid obesity. The first 116 cases. Surg Endosc 2002 Dec;16(12);1653-57.
- DaVinci robotic-assisted laparoscopic bariatric surgery: Is it justified in a routine setting? Obes Surg 2003;13(6): 848-54.
- Totally robotic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass. Arch Surg 2005;140:779-86.
- Complications after laparoscopic gastric bypass. A Review of 3464 Cases. Arch Surg 2003;138:957-61.
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass leak complications. Arch Surg 2003;138:520-24.
- Symptomatic internal hernias after laparoscopic bariatric surgery. Surg Endosc 2005 Jan;19(1):34-39.
- Clinical predictors of leak after laparoscopic Rouxen- Y gastric bypass for morbid obesity. Surg Endosc 2003 May;17(5):679-84.