Laparoscopy in Blunt Abdominal Trauma
Michael Ikechukwu Nnamonu
Citation Information :
Nnamonu MI. Laparoscopy in Blunt Abdominal Trauma. World J Lap Surg 2017; 10 (2):66-68.
CC BY-NC 4.0
Copyright © 2017; The Author(s).
This review describes the role of laparoscopy in patients with blunt abdominal trauma.
Materials and methods
Keywords, such as laparoscopy, blunt, abdominal, trauma were entered into PubMed search engine and filtered for peer-reviewed articles written in the last 5 years.
Results and discussion
The findings from these articles are collated and discussed.
Laparoscopy is a safe approach both for diagnosis and treatment of patients with blunt abdominal trauma and is associated with the benefits of laparoscopic approach.
How to cite this article
Nnamonu MI. Laparoscopy in Blunt Abdominal Trauma. World J Lap Surg 2017;10(2):66-68.
- The uses of coelioscopy. Br Med J 1925 Aug 8;2(3371):254-255.
- Intra-abdominal examination by the aid of the peritoneoscope. J Kansas Med Soc 1924;24:63-65.
- Gasless laparoscopic-assisted surgery for abdominal trauma. Injury 2014 May;45(5):850-854.
- Therapeutic laparoscopy for abdominal trauma. Surg Endosc 2003 Mar;17(3):421-427.
- The use of laparoscopy in the diagnosis and treatment of blunt and penetrating abdominal injuries: 10-year experience at a level 1 trauma center. Am J Surg 2013 Mar;205(3):317-320.
- Laparoscopy decreases the laparotomy rate in hemodynamically stable patients with blunt abdominal trauma. Surg Innov 2014 Apr;21(2):155-165.
- Laparoscopic-assisted management of traumatic abdominal wall hernias in children: case series and a review of the literature. J Pediatric Surg 2015 Dec;50(3):456-461.
- Association between the seat belt sign and intra-abdominal injuries in children with blunt torso trauma in motor vehicle collisions. Acad Emerg Med 2014 Nov;21(11):1240-1248.
- Laparoscopy in pediatric abdominal trauma: A 13-Year Experience. Eur J Pediatr Surg 2016 Oct;26(5):443-448.
- Management of children with solid organ injuries after blunt torso trauma. J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2015 Aug;79(2):206-214.
- Laparoscopic versus open surgery for abdominal trauma: a case-matched study. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 2017 Mar;27(4):383-387.
- Laparoscopic surgery in abdominal trauma: a single center review of a 7-year experience. World J Emerg Surg 2015 Mar;10:16.
- Laparoscopy in blunt and penetrating abdominal trauma. Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 2013 Dec;23(6):507-512.
- Does a negative emergency celiotomy exclude the possibility of significant diaphragmatic injury? A case report and review of the literature. Trauma Mon 2016 Sep;21(4):e25053.
- Imaging of traumatic diaphragmatic rupture: evaluation of diagnostic accuracy at a level 1 trauma centre. Can Assoc Radiol J 2015 Jun;66(4): 310-317.
- Preliminary experience of sandwich repair technique: a new method of laparoscopic splenorraphy for high-grade splenic injuries. Surg Innov 2014 Aug; 21(4): 355-364.
- Diagnostic value of abdominal ultrasonography in patients with blunt abdominal trauma. Niger J Surg 2013 Jul;19(2):73-78.
- Surgical versus non-surgical management of abdominal injury. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2015 Nov;13(11):CD007383.
- Non-operative management of blunt hepatic injury: an Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma practice management guideline. J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2012 Nov;73(5):288-293.
- Non-operative management of liver trauma. J.R. Army Med Corps 2012;158(2):85-95.
- Laparoscopy in trauma: an overview of complications and related topics. Int J Crit Illn Inj Sci 2015 Jul-Sep;5(3):196-205.