Smartphone/Tablet-based Laparoscopy Simulation System: A Low-cost Training Module for Beginners in Minimally Invasive Surgery
Citation Information :
Saxena A. Smartphone/Tablet-based Laparoscopy Simulation System: A Low-cost Training Module for Beginners in Minimally Invasive Surgery. World J Lap Surg 2016; 9 (1):26-29.
Copyright © 2016; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
How to cite this article
Saxena A. Smartphone/Tablet-based Laparoscopy Simulation System: A Low-cost Training Module for Beginners in Minimally Invasive Surgery. World J Lap Surg 2016;9(1):26-29.
- The efficacy of virtual reality simulation training in laparoscopy: a systematic review of randomized trials. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 2012 Sep;91(9):1015-1028.
- l.c GS. Assessment of minimally invasive surgical skills of pre-medical students: what can we learn from future learners? J Turk Ger Gynecol Assoc 2014 Jun;15(2):69-73.
- Acquisition of fundamental laparoscopic skills: is a box really as good as a virtual reality trainer? Int J Surg 2011;9(8):659-661.
- Randomized clinical trial of virtual reality simulation for laparoscopic skills training. Br J Surg 2004 Feb;91(2):146-150.
- Video games and surgical ability: a literature review. J Surg Educ 2010 May-Jun;67(3):184-189.
- Endoscopic simulators. Gastrointest Endosc 2011;73(5):861-867.
- Reducing general aviation accidents by utilizing airline operational strategies. Aviation Technology Graduate Students Publications; MSc Thesis, Purdue University, April 12, 2013:1-21.
- Video assessment of basic surgical trainees' operative skills. Am J Surg 2008 Aug;196(2):265-272.
- Objective psychomotor skills assessment of experienced, junior, and novice laparoscopists with virtual reality. World J Surg 2001 Nov;25(11):1478-1483.
- A new system for teaching proctosigmoidoscopic morphology. Am J Gastroenterol 1969 Jul;52(1):65-69.
- Is the skillset obtained in surgical simulation transferable to the operating theatre? Am J Surg 2014 Jan;207(1):146-157.
- Mastering instruments before operating on a patient: the role of simulation training in tool use skills. Surg Innov. 2014 Dec;21(6):637-642.
- Usefulness of a virtual reality simulator or training box for endoscopic surgery training. Surg Endosc 2006 Apr;20(4):656-659.
- czak D, Pasieka Z. A laparoscopic simulator.maybe it is worth making it yourself. Wideochir Inne Tech Maloinwazyjne 2014 Sep;9(3):380-386.
- Tailored instructor feedback leads to more effective virtual-reality laparoscopic training. Surg Endosc 2014 Mar;28(3):967-973.